Protection of Vulnerable Persons At Risk of Abuse
This course provides an overview of key legislation, national policies and case studies in safeguarding vulnerable adults in Ireland. It will increase the participants knowledge and understanding of what vulnerable abuse is, enabling them to promote the welfare of vulnerable adults, and safeguard them from abuse.
The HSE has a social care division which is responsible for providing care to vulnerable adults and persons with disabilities. This course is delivered in line with the HSE Guidelines and incorporates prevention of elder abuse.
Who should attend?
- All personnel such as nurses, care staff and others who come into contact with vulnerable adults within nursing, residential, supported living and community care settings.
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults is everyone’s responsibility. This safeguarding training course aims to help you identify the signs of potential abuse and understand what to do with your concerns.
- All healthcare workers, either paid or voluntary, must have safeguarding training within their induction training.
- This training can assist management and their staff to fulfil this requirement and ensure high levels of vigilance thereby protecting service users from potential harm.
- This course provides an overview of key legislation, national policies and case studies in safeguarding vulnerable adults in Ireland.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of what is vulnerable abuse
- Help staff identify the different types of abuse
- Assist staff in recognising abuse or signs of abuse
- Help staff identify care practices that might lead or contribute to Abuse
- To increase staff knowledge of actions necessary to report vulnerable Abuse
- How to manage disclosure
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse, National Policy & Procedures -Incorporating Services for Elder Abuse and for Persons with a Disability, HSE (2014)
Course Duration: 3 Hours
Maximum Participants: 20
Certification: Valid For 2 Years
Email email@example.com or call Tom on 0863124290 for more information.